- 2 Sweet Potatoes scrubbed (about 1 1/4 lbs)
- 3 tbsp Canola Oil divided
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 can (19 oz) Chickpeas drained and rinsed (unsalted)
- 2 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Parsley fresh, chopped
- 2 tbsp Mint or Basil chopped
- 1/4 cup Gouda Cheese (light) diced
- Cut sweet potatoes in half crosswise then in half again lengthwise. Cut each into thin wedges and place in a large bowl. Toss with 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the oil, chili powder and salt. Place on greased grill over medium heat and grill ,turning occasionally for about 10 minutes or until lightly charred and tender. Return to bowl and add chickpeas.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) of oil and vinegar. Drizzle over potato mixture and add parsley, basil and cheese. Toss well to combine.
Tips & Notes
Tip: For a chunky version of the salad, chop the grilled sweet potatoes and toss with chickpeas. Recipe developed by Emily Richards