With Canada Day just around the corner, we wanted to share our favorite quick recipes that are perfect for sharing with friends and family!
This refreshing side dish is perfect to enjoy as a salad or alongside grilled meats or fish. With any leftovers add tuna or cooked chicken for a new take on a lunch salad.
This is a delicious no-cook Mediterranean meal. It can be ready in minutes with your pantry staples and is oh-so-good-for-you!
You can use an indoor or outdoor grill for this all-in-one easy dish.
Here are some other quick tips to get more fruits and veggies into your Canada Day feast:
- Grill white tomatoes and mushrooms on skewers for the perfect “red and white” veggie side.
- Swap out pasta salads for fresh veggie packed bean or quinoa salads
- Carrots, celery, cherry tomatoes, broccoli and cauliflower are just as great as chips when it comes to dipping!
- Guacamole isn’t just an awesome dip but it also makes a delicious spread for burgers and sandwiches. Swap out your mayo for some avocado power!
- There is nothing quite like grilled corn. Soak corn in the husks then toss them on the grill with a bit of paprika for a delicious smoky flavour
- Top watermelon slices with a bit of whipped cream and some raspberries for a festive Canada Day themed “cake”
What are your favorite Canada Day recipes?