1 serving = 89 g (1 medium)
- Very high in Vitamin C (51% Recommended Daily Intake per serving)
- Source of folacin (5% Recommended Daily Intake per serving)
- Source of fibre (2.5 g per serving)
- High in fibre (5 g per serving)
- Sodium-free (2 mg per serving)
- Fat-free (0.3 g per serving)
Firm, glossy unbruised fruit. Browning on the tips of the ridges is a sign of ripeness.
Cover and refrigerate unwashed ripe fruit for up to 2 days. Ripen at room temperature until skin is golden and ribs are tinged slightly brown and sweet smell.
Wash, dry and cut crosswise into thin slices. Crisp, juicy flesh with sweet tart flavour heightened if sprinkled with a little salt. Use as a garnish for meat dishes, appetizers and in salads.