1 serving = 113 g (1/2 fruit)
- Source of magnesium (14% Recommended Daily Intake per serving)
- High in Vitamin C (38% Recommended Daily Intake per serving)
- Source of iron (8% Recommended Daily Intake per serving)
- Source of fibres (2.9 g per serving)
- Source of potassium (387mg per serving)
Ripe fruit has smooth, brown, inedible skin and a raised crown on top of the fruit. Mamey sapote is hard when unripe and becomes softer as it ripens.
Store at room temperature until they are a little tender to the touch at which point they should be immediately consumed or refrigerated in a plastic bag for a couple of weeks.
Usually eaten raw. Do not forget to first remove its skin and any pits inside.