- 30 Apples BC Tree Fruits mixed variety
- 1 cup Apple Juice or 1 cup of water + 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Sugar and Spice optional
- Place juice or water in a large stock pot. (Either one will help prevent browning.) Bring it to a gentle simmer. Begin to peel the apples; don’t worry about getting the stem or blossom ends perfectly peeled.
- On the larger holes of a box grater, grate the apple on a small cutting board down to the cores. Add the grated apples to the stock pot as you go, stirring them in to prevent browning. A potato masher helps to break the apples down
- When all of the apples are grated, increase the heat and add more liquid if needed. Once the sauce has cooked down to your preferred consistency, add sugar and/or spices to taste. A hand blender can be used at this point if you desire a very smooth sauce. Cool and divide the sauce into freezer containers/zipper lock bags. Alternately, you can use a water bath canner to preserve it in mason jars.
Estimated Cost Per Serving:
Tips & Notes
Recipe from Industry Partner