- 4 Eggs
- 1 small Avocado, chopped
- 3 tbsp Plain 0% Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Pinch Fresh Ground Pepper
- 3 tbsp Finely Chopped Celery
- 2 tbsp Chopped Fresh Parsley or Basil
- 1 Large Tomato, sliced
- 2 Whole Wheat Pita Bread, halved
- 1/4 cup Shredded Old Cheddar Cheese
- Place eggs in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat; cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Drain well and rinse with cold water. Remove shells and place eggs in a bowl.
- Add avocado, yogurt, salt and pepper. Using a fork, mash coarsely. Stir in celery and parsley.
- Divide mixture among pita halves. Add tomato and sprinkle with cheese, if using.
- Toasted Pita: Place stuffed pitas on baking sheet and toast in preheated 400 F (200 C) oven for about 5 minutes or until toasted and cheese is melted.
Estimated Cost Per Serving:
Avocado Egg Pita
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Tips & Notes
Recipe developed by Emily Richards