- 2 large Yellow Potatoes about 1lb/454 g, chopped
- 1 small Sweet Potato peeled and chopped
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers seeded and chopped
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil divided
- 1 tsp each chili powder and ground cumin
- 1 tsp Oregano dried
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 vine ripened Tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1 small Yellow Pepper diced
- 1/3 cup Cilantro fresh, chopped
- 2 tbsp Sherry Vinegar or wine vinegar
- Tortilla chips to serve
- Preheat oven to 425ºF (220ºC).
- In a large bowl, combine yellow and sweet potatoes and jalapeños. Drizzle with 2 tbsp (30 mL) fo the oil and stir in chili powder, cumin, oregano and salt to combine.
- Spread in a single layer onto parchment paper lined baking sheet. Roast for about 30 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
- Let cool slightly and using a potato masher, mash coarsely.
- Scrape potatoes into a bowl and stir in tomatoes, pepper, cilantro, vinegar and remaining oil. Let stand 15 minutes before serving with tortilla chips.
Tips & Notes
Recipe developed by Half Your Plate friend Emily Richards.