- 2 Beets peeled and cubed
- 2 cups Squash cubed
- 1/2 cup Herbed Goat Cheese
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tsp Fresh Thyme Leaves chopped
- 1/4 tsp Each Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper
- 5 sheets Phyllo Pastry
- 3 tbsp Butter melted
- Steam beets for 15 minutes. Add squash and steam an additional 10 minutes or until beets are tender. Mash coarsely in large bowl. Stir in goat cheese, egg, parsley, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Brush 1 sheet of phyllo with some butter and repeat with remaining sheets. Cut into 12 squares and fit into muffin tins. Divide beet mixture among phyllo and bake in preheated 400 F (200 C) oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until phyllo is golden.
Estimated Cost Per Serving:
Tips & Notes
Recipe developed by Emily Richards