Mexican-inspired Stuffed Zucchini Boat Bites
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
These easy Mexican-inspired Stuffed Zucchini Boat Bites are the perfect appetizer to serve even the pickiest crowd. Gluten-free and vegetarian, they’re a versatile and healthy appetizer that everyone will love, and they cater to many different dietary restrictions.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cook lentils and quinoa each according to package directions.
- Slice zucchini in half lengthwise, then scoop out flesh. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, then season with salt and pepper. Bake for 8 min until zucchini is just tender.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large frying pan on med-high heat. Add all filling ingredients except for cheese and cilantro. Saute for 5-6 min, then remove from heat, stirring in cheese and cilantro.
- Remove zucchini from oven and stuff with filling, then sprinkle with remaining 2 tbsp cheese. Bake for another 2 min until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, then cut each zucchini boat into four different pieces.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
There is no Nutrition Label for this recipe yet.
Tips & Notes:
You might also like...