- 3 medium sized Zucchini cut in half lengthwise
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 1/4 cups Brown, Black or Red Lentils
- 1 1/4 cups Quinoa
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 each Red and Yellow Pepper diced
- 1 medium sized Plum Tomato deseeded and diced
- 1/2 small Yellow Onion diced
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 3/4 cup Salsa
- Pinch Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 3/4 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded, 2 tbsp reserved for garnish
- 1/3 cup Cilantro or Parsley fresh, minced
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cook lentils and quinoa each according to package directions.
- Slice zucchini in half lengthwise, then scoop out flesh. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, then season with salt and pepper. Bake for 8 min until zucchini is just tender.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large frying pan on med-high heat. Add all filling ingredients except for cheese and cilantro. Saute for 5-6 min, then remove from heat, stirring in cheese and cilantro.
- Remove zucchini from oven and stuff with filling, then sprinkle with remaining 2 tbsp cheese. Bake for another 2 min until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, then cut each zucchini boat into four different pieces.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Estimated Cost Per Serving:
Mexican-inspired Stuffed Zucchini Boat Bites
% Daily Value*
*5% or less is a little, 15% or more is a lot
Tips & Notes
Recipe by Half Your Plate friend Taylor Stinson of The Girl on Bloor