- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Canola Oil
- 2 large Sweet Onions thinly sliced
- 2 Red Delicious Apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 tsp Fresh Thyme chopped (or rosemary)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 cup Brandy
- 16 Baguette Slices toasted
- 1 cup Goat Cheese
- In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring often for about 15 minutes or until starting to become golden. Add apples, thyme, salt and pepper; reduce heat to medium and continue to cook for about 10 minutes until soft and golden. Stir in brandy and cook until absorbed. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Top each baguette slice with goat cheese and onion mixture to serve.
- How to toast baguette slices: Brush slices with oil and toast in 400 F (200 C) oven for about 8 minutes or until light golden. Sprinkle lightly with salt. They can be made up to 24 hours ahead and stored at room temperature.
Estimated Cost Per Serving:
Tips & Notes
Tip: If you want to use cooking onions you will need about 5 medium sized onions. Recipe developed by Emily Richards