- 1 bunch of yellow orange or red beets, with greens
- 1/2 head cauliflower chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 2 stalks of celery with leaves chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp each ground cumin and coriander
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cups sodium reduced vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- Cut beet greens off beets, wash well. Chop enough greens to make 4 cups (1 L) and set aside. Peel beets and chop.
- Combine chopped beets, cauliflower, carrot, celery and garlic in a bowl. Toss with orange juice, curry powder, cumin and coriander to coat. Spread vegetables onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Roast in a preheated 400 F (200 C) oven for about 30 minutes or until golden and tender crisp.
- In a saucepan, heat oil over medium heat and cook onion for about 3 minutes or until softened. Stir in beet greens and cook for about 6 minutes or until wilted. Add roasted vegetables, broth and water. Bring to a boil.
- Simmer, covered for about 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.