- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth or water
- 4 Eggs
- 3 cups Cabbage finely shredded, BC Fresh or other
- 2 Green Onions finely chopped
- 4 slices Bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 tbsp Pickled Ginger chopped
- 2 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil for cooking
- 1/3 cup Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tbsp Sriracha Hot Sauce
- In large bowl, stir flour with salt. In separate bowl, whisk broth with eggs; whisk into flour mixture. Fold in cabbage, green onions, bacon, ginger and sesame seeds.
- In large non-stick skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil over medium-high heat; add two ½ cup (125 mL) portions of batter to skillet, pressing down gently with spatula to flatten. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until bottom is browned. Flip over; cook for 5 or 6 minutes or until cooked through. Repeat with remaining batter, adding more oil to skillet as needed.
- Serve with hoisin sauce and hot sauce.
Estimated Cost Per Serving:
Tips & Notes
To lower saturated fat: use light bacon. You can also top with bean sprouts, dried bonito flakes, Japanese-style mayonnaise and/or Worcestershire sauce. Recipe submitted by Half Your Plate Industry Partner BCFresh