- 2 tbsp Olive Oil or Butter
- 2 cups Leek washed and chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 1 tbsp Summer Savory dried
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 5 cups Chicken Stock, Vegetable Stock or Water low sodium
- 3 large Potatoes PEI Yukon Gold, peeled & large dice
- 1/2 tbsp Fresh Thyme removed from stems
- 1 cup Milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat; add oil, leeks, garlic, onion and summer savory.
- Reduce heat and cook stirring occasionally until vegetables are softened; approximately 7-8 minutes.
- Add flour; stir to coat, do not brown.
- Add chicken stock stirring constantly; add potatoes and thyme and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Puree in a food processor or blender in small batches.
- Return to pot, add milk and season with salt & pepper, heat thoroughly and serve .
Estimated Cost Per Serving:
Tips & Notes
- To make a dairy free soup, replace the milk with chicken or vegetable stock and use the olive oil.
- Garnish with a dollop of sour cream if desired.