- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1/2 sweet red pepper finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/4 tsp fresh thyme or 1/4 dried thyme
- 1/4 salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1/2 lb turkey lean ground
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1 can white beans no salt added
- 2 cups chicken broth no-sodium
- 1/2 cup corn kernels fresh or frozen
- 3 cups swiss chard chopped
- 1 cup milk 1%
- In large Dutch oven or saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and celery; cook, stirring until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add red pepper, garlic, thyme, pepper and salt; cook for 1 minute.
- Increase heat to medium-high; crumble in turkey, stirring and breaking up with wooden spoon until browned.
- Add zucchini, beans, chicken broth and corn; bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in Swiss chard and milk; simmer, uncovered for 5 minute.
Estimated Cost Per Serving: