- 6 PEI Red-Skin Potatoes quatered
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil or Rosemary chopped
- 1 large Yellow Pepper cut into 1'' pieces
- 1 large Red Onion cut into 1'' pieces
- 8 Wooden Skewers
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat
- Quarter each potato and place in a pot of lightly salted, cold water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for approximately 10-15 minutes or until a knife inserts with little resistance. Allow potatoes to cool slightly.
- While the potatoes are cooking, put the skewers in a dish of warm water to soak for 15 minutes. This step prevents the skewers from burning on the grill.
- Mix together the olive oil and basil or rosemary. Set aside.
- When the potatoes are done, begin to place the vegetables onto the skewer, alternate the potatoes with the onion/pepper and place a potato on each end.
- Brush the assembled kebabs with the herbed oil and season with salt & pepper.
- Grill, turning occasionally until the vegetables are tender; approximately 9 to 10 minutes. Brush with the remaining herb oil occasionally.
- Serve immediately as a side dish with one of the following dips if desired.
Estimated Cost Per Serving:
PEI Red-Skin Potato Kebabs
% Daily Value*
*5% or less is a little, 15% or more is a lot
Tips & Notes
- Toss the kebabs in your favourite vinaigrette after removing them from the grill; serve immediately.