- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper flakes
- 1 can white kidney beans no salt added, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups sodium reduced vegetable broth
- 1 cup skim milk
- 4 cups thinly sliced kale leaves
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil or parsley
- In a soup pot, heat oil over medium heat and cook onion, garlic, thyme and hot pepper flakes for 3 minutes or until softened. Stir in kidney beans to coat.
- Add broth and skim milk; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and using an immersion blender puree soup until smooth.
- Alternatively, let cool slightly and puree in batches in blender and return to pot.
- Return soup to a simmer and stir in kale, corn and basil. Simmer, stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes or until kale is tender.
Estimated Cost Per Serving: