- 1 cup Quinoa rinsed
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth low sodium
- 1/2 tsp Orange Rind grated
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 2 tsp Canola Oil
- 1 Onion diced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Carrot shredded
- 1 Zucchini shredded
- 1 Red Pepper diced
- 1 Yellow Pepper diced
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
- 2 tbsp Fresh Basil or Parsley chopped
- Combine quinoa, vegetable broth, orange rind and juice in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender. Fluff into a large bowl; keep warm
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic for 3 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in carrot, zucchini, red and yellow peppers and cook for 5 minutes or until tender crisp.
- Add salt and pepper. Stir into quinoa mixture with basil.
Estimated Cost Per Serving:
Vegetable Confetti Quinoa
% Daily Value*
*5% or less is a little, 15% or more is a lot
Tips & Notes
Recipe contributed by Emily Richards.