Quick Skillet Mixed Berry Crumble
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Fruit crumbles are a great way to use up fruit that is about to go bad. Plus they are made from pantry staples, which makes them a kitchen hero for minimising food waste! This quick crumble takes only 30 minutes, providing a healthy dessert for you and your family any time of year.
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- In a small bowl, mix the mixed berries (along with their juices if using thawed frozen berries) with the white sugar.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, add the oats, flour, oat bran, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, butter and olive oil. Mix to combine.
- In a small 6.5” cast iron skillet or loaf pan, press half of the crumble mixture into the bottom of the pan. Top with the berry mixture, then scatter the remaining crumble mixture over top.
- Place the skillet on to a larger sheet pan (to catch any spillage) and place into the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the top is golden and the fruit filling is bubbling. Remove, let cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve on its own or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
There is no Nutrition Label for this recipe yet.
Tips & Notes:
Oat flour can be made by placing rolled oats into a blender or food processor and blending until they resemble a flour-like consistency.
Recipe developed by Melanie Yelland, RD, RD Nutrition
You might also like...