- 3 tbsp olive oil extra-virgin, divided
- 1 cup quinoa uncooked, rinsed and drained
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth no-sodium
- 4 cups green beans packaged
- 1 cup red onion diced
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 1/2 cups baby spinach packed, packaged
- 1/2 cup cranberries dried
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds natural, toasted (optional)
- 1/4 cup goat cheese crumbled reduced-fat
- Heat 2 tsp of the oil in saucepan over medium-high heat; stir in quinoa and 1/4 tsp of the salt. Cook, stirring until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Pour in chicken broth. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer. Cover and cook until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat; let stand for 5 minutes and fluff with fork. Transfer to bowl and let cool.
- Place green beans and 1/2 cup water in shallow heatproof dish; cover and microwave on high until tender, 1-2 minutes. Immediately immerse in bowl of ice water and let cool completely. Drain well and pat dry.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, stir together remaining oil, red onion, vinegar, garlic and remaining salt and pepper. Add quinoa, green beans, baby spinach, cranberries and pumpkin seeds (if using); transfer to large serving platter and sprinkle with goat cheese.
Estimated Cost Per Serving:
Quinoa and Cranberry Pilaf
% Daily Value*
*5% or less is a little, 15% or more is a lot