- 1 small Eggplant about 1lb
- 3 Potatoes about 1 1/4;b
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 tsp Each Salt and Pepper divided
- 2 tsp Dried Oregano Leaves
- 1 Onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Each Chopped Parsley and Oregano
- Pinch Each Ground Cinnamon and Allspice
- 1 jar (700 mL) Tomato Passata (strained tomatoes)
- 1 cup Feta Cheese crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- Slice eggplant and potatoes into 1/2 inch (1 cm) thick slices and brush with some of the oil and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each of the salt and pepper and dried oregano. Place on parchment paper lined baking sheets and roast in preheated 400 F (200 C) oven for about 25 minutes, turning once until tender and light golden.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil in saucepan and cook onion and garlic for 2 minutes. Stir in parsley, fresh oregano, cinnamon and allspice. Add passata, remaining 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt and pepper; bring to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Ladle half of the sauce into casserole dish. Layer half of the eggplant and potatoes on bottom. Sprinkle with half of the feta cheese. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- In a bowl, whisk together yogurt, eggs, cheese and flour. Spread evenly over top and bake in preheated 350 F (180 C) oven for about 1 hour or until golden and set. Let stand about 15 minutes before serving.
Estimated Cost Per Serving:
Tips & Notes
Recipe developed by Emily Richards