Roasted Beet Dip
- 3 beets leaves removed
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 can white kidney beans no salt added, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth low sodium
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin ground
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
- 3-4 beets golden or traditional
- 3 tsp oil olive or canola
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp rosemary fresh, chopped
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Place beets and garlic in piece of heavy duty foil and wrap well. Roast in 400 F (200 C) oven for about 1 hour or until tender when knife is inserted into a beet. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Peel and chop beets; place in food processor with garlic and beans. Pulse to combine and break up beets. Add broth, oil, lemon juice, cumin, salt and pepper and puree until smooth.
- For beet chips, heat the oven to 325 F (160 C), place on wire rack on baking sheet. Spray all with cooking spray to avoid sticking.
- Slice beets thinly, season with remaining ingredients and toss to coat evenly. Spread in one layer on baking rack and bake for aprroximately 35 minutes, turning once half way.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before serving.
Estimated Cost Per Serving:
Tips & Notes
Recipe developed by Emily Richards