- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1-1/2 cups Arborio Rice
- 1/2 cup Dry White Wine
- 4 1/2 cups Hot Vegetable Broth approx.
- 1-1/2 cups Asparagus chopped
- 1 cup Peas fresh
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese freshly grated
- 2 tbsp Butter
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook stirring for about 5 minutes or until softened. Add rice; stir to coat for about 1 minute. Stir in wine until almost all is cooked in.
- Using a ladle, pour in about 1 cup (250 mL) of the broth; increase heat to just above medium, but not quite medium high. Cook, stirring until most of liquid is evaporated. Continue this process for about 15 minutes using as much of the stock necessary.
- Stir in asparagus and peas; cook for about 5 minutes, adding more broth if necessary. Cook rice until tender but firm, remove from heat. Stir in cheese and butter until melted and smooth.
Tips & Notes
Recipe developed by Emily Richards