- 2 large Potatoes PEI Russet variety
- 1/2 small Onion diced
- 1 tbsp Fresh Thyme chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400oF.
- Grate potatoes into a bowl; add onion, thyme & eggs. Season with salt & pepper; mixing well.
- Mold the mixture into 1 ½ -inch circles (thinner is better). Season with salt & pepper; refrigerate.
- In a large sauté pan, heat oil until hot; add potato latkes. Cook on both sides until golden brown and crispy. Remove from pan and place warm latkes on a plate.
Tips & Notes
Top potato latkes with your favorite ingredients such as:
- Pulled Pork and Cheddar Cheese
- Steamed Mussels and Bruschetta
- Smoked Salmon, Crème Fraiche and Capers
- Lobster and Bearnaise Sauce
- Wilted Spinach, Tomatoes and Goat Cheese