- 6 slices Prosciutto thin
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Dried Basil
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup Canola Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 3 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Plain Yogurt
- 3 Nectarines pitted and diced
- 1 Nectarine pitted and sliced into 12
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- In a skillet, cook prosciutto until crisp. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and soda, basil, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, eggs and sugar. Stir in one third of the flour mixture, then half of the yogurt. Repeat once and stir in remaining flour with nectarines and crumble prosciutto into batter, stirring to distribute.
- Divide batter among 12 greased or paper lined muffin tins. Press nectarine slice into each muffin and sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake in 375 F (190 C) oven for about 18 minutes or until tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
Estimated Cost Per Serving:
Tips & Notes
Recipe developed by Emily Richards