- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 cup Bulgur
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Fresh Mint chopped
- 1/4 tsp Each Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper
- 2 cups Canola Oil (approx) divided
- 1 pkg Baby Spinach (142 g)
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano Leaves
- 1/3 cup Feta Cheese crumbled
- In a saucepan, bring broth and smoked paprika to boil; add bulgur and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and bulgur is tender. Let cool completely. Stir in pumpkin, flour, garlic, mint and half each of the salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a skillet heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil over medium high heat and wilt spinach with oregano and remaining salt and pepper. Drain any water and gently squeeze. Chop spinach and let cool slighty. Stir in feta.
- Divide bulgur mixture into 6 mounds. Spoon spinach in centre and shape the pumpkin mixture around the filling into an oval shape.
- Heat remaining oil in small deep saucepan to 365 F (185 C). Fry koftas 1 or 2 at at time, for about 4 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towel lined plate before serving.
Estimated Cost Per Serving:
Spinach Filled Pumpkin Koftas
% Daily Value*
*5% or less is a little, 15% or more is a lot
Tips & Notes
Recipe developed by Emily Richards