- 2 large Apples cored
- 2 lb Butternut Squash peeled and chopped
- 1 large Onion chopped
- 2 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 tsp Thyme fresh, chopped leaves
- 1/4 tsp Each Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 cup Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 2 tbsp Parsley fresh, chopped
- 1/2 cup Old Cheddar Cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC).
- Cut apples into thick wedges and place in a large bowl. Add squash and onion.
- Drizzle with oil, thyme, salt and pepper and toss to coat well. Spread onto parchment paper lined baking sheet. Roast for 40 minutes or until squash is tender and golden.
- Return vegetables to bowl, add broth and using a potato masher, mash coarsely. Stir in parsley and cheese. Scrape into a baking dish. Broil for about 1 minute, if desired for a golden top.
- Tip: Make the mash ahead and warm through in a 350ºF (180ºC) oven to serve. Can be covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Tips & Notes
Recipe from Half Your Plate friend Emily Richards