- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups Butternut squash chopped (or pumpkin)
- 2 Shallots
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 3/4 cup Vegetable Broth low sodium
- 1/4 tsp Hot Pepper Flakes
- 1 cup Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce
- 2 cups Parsley chopped
- 1 pkg Potato Gnocchi (about 500g) fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp Asiago Cheese grated
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add squash, shallots and garlic; cook, stirring for about 3 minutes or until shallots start to soften. Stir in broth and hot pepper flakes. Bring to a simmer; cover and cook for 10 minutes or until squash is tender but firm. Add pasta sauce and 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the parsley; cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in pot of boiling salted water, cook gnocchi for about 6 minutes or until tender throughout. Using slotted spoon or small sieve, scoop out gnocchi and add to the skillet with sauce. Stir gently to combine and sprinkle with cheese and remaining parsley before serving.
Estimated Cost Per Serving:
Squash and Gnocchi Pasta
% Daily Value*
*5% or less is a little, 15% or more is a lot
Tips & Notes
Recipe developed by Emily Richards.