- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 3 cups Butternut Squash peeled, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 pkg Orecchiete or Shell Pasta
- 3/4 cup Fontina shredded
- 1/2 cup Blue Cheese crumbled
- 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley chopped
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat and cook onion and garlic for 2 minutes. Stir in squash and seasoning.
- Whisk broth and tomato paste together; pour into skillet. Bring to a simmer; cover and cook for about 10 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta for about 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup (250 mL) of water.
- Add pasta to skillet and stir to combine, adding some reserved cooking water if necessary. Stir in parsley and pour into baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil for about 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Tips & Notes
Tip: You can also serve up this pasta dish from the pot by simply stirring in the cheese and parsley. Recipe developed by Emily Richards