- 6 small Portobello Mushrooms 3 inches in diameter
- 1/2 tsp Each Salt and Pepper divided
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil divided
- 2 Shallots finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Oregano fresh, chopped
- 1 small Red Bell Pepper diced
- 1/2 cup Sugar Snap Peas
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Broth or Tomato Juice low sodium
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs fresh
- 1/2 cup Asiago cheese shredded
- 6 cups Baby Arugula
- 2 tbsp Aged or White Balsamic Vinegar
- Pinch Each Salt and Pepper
- 6 poached Eggs optional
- Remove stems from mushrooms and chop finely. Sprinkle inside of mushrooms with half of the salt and pepper and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet; set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat half of the oil over medium heat and cook chopped stems, shallots, garlic and oregano for 3 minutes or until softened. Add pepper and peas; stir to combine. Add broth and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir in breadcrumbs and cheese.
- Spoon mixture into mushrooms and bake in 400 F (200 C) oven for about 15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Meanwhile, toss arugula with remaining oil, vinegar and remaining salt and pepper. Place mushroom over arugula and top each mushroom with egg to serve if using.
Estimated Cost Per Serving:
Tips & Notes
Tip: You can use hard cooked or pan fried eggs instead of poached to top the mushrooms. Recipe developed by Emily Richards