- 4 Parsnips peeled and chopped
- 2 Sweet Potatoes peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Parsley fresh, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Canola Oil
- 450 g Ground Turkey
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 2 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Vegetable or Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup Green Peas
- 1/2 cup Corn Kernels
- In a pot bring parsnips and sweet potatoes to boil. Boil for about 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain well and return to pot. Mash and stir in butter, parsley and half of the salt.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Cook, turkey, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, pepper and remaining salt for about 8 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in flour. Add broth and bring to a simmer until thickened. Pour into 8 inch (1.5 L) baking dish. Sprinkle with peas and corn.
- Spoon mashed vegetables over top, spreading to cover. Bake in 350 F (180 C) oven for about 30 minutes or until top is slightly golden and bottom is bubbly. Let cool slightly before serving.
Estimated Cost Per Serving:
Sweet Potato Parsnip Pie
% Daily Value*
*5% or less is a little, 15% or more is a lot
Tips & Notes
Recipe developed by Emily Richards