- 1/2 Avocado
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk
- 1 Frozen Banana should be ripe
- Agave or Honey
- The night before you are going to make the smoothie, cut one piece of avocado into the half. Only use one half of the avocado if you are only making a single serving. Scrape off the flesh of the avocado and put it in a bowl with cover. Refrigerate it overnight.
- You should also do the same to the banana. Peel and slice it diagonally. You should put it in an airtight container before you are going to freeze it. Otherwise, the banana would oxidize and would show signs of spoilage.
- Once the ingredients are all prepared, put them in a food blender. Mix them thoroughly in the highest setting of your blender so that the mixture would become smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into a large bowl or glass. You can put some toppings to it such as chia seeds if you want to. Drink it while it is fresh!
Tips & Notes
Recipe written by Rose Zellmer of Gimme Tasty There is no need for you to put ice in the smoothie. Since you are using frozen ingredients, they would render the entire smoothie cold already. But if you want to make the chilly smoothie, you can add three to four cubes of ice the blender. Can you make a smoothie without yogurt? Of course, it is possible! As you can see in this recipe, yogurt is not really a necessary ingredient. There are various alternatives for it such as dairy milk, liquid nut, and even juice! To reduce sugar: use unsweetened almond milk.