- 1 can Chickpeas
- 1/2 cup Red Pepper diced
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cucumber diced
- 1/2 Avocado diced
- 1/2 cup Carrots julienned
- Pinch Each Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper
- 2 tbsp Hemp seeds optional
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1-2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas under cold water. Pour into bowl. If desired, season with pepper and salt.
- Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard together and drizzle over chickpeas.
- Dice the red bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and avocado. Julienne the carrot. Add to bowl and mix together.
- Sprinkle the hemp seeds on top of the salad for an extra source of protein, healthy fats, fibre, and crunch!
Estimated Cost Per Serving:
Tips & Notes
Recipe by Half Your Plate On-Campus Ambassador Kelly Chen (Ryerson University)