- 3 cups Tomatoes chopped (ripe)
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Thyme fresh and chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp Each salt and Fresh Ground Pepper
- 2 tbsp White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 sheet Butter Puff Pastry
- In a 9 inch (23 cm) round cake pan combine tomatoes, oil, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Roast in 425 F (220 C) oven for about 30 minutes or until tender and starting to become golden. Stir in vinegar and let cool slightly.
- Unroll puff pastry and lay over top of tomatoes, trimming to fit pan as necessary. Return to oven for about 20 minutes or until golden and puffed. Let cool in pan for about 10 minutes before turning out onto large plate to serve.
Tips & Notes
Tip: For more pastry and less tomatoes simply reduce chopped tomatoes to 2 cups (500 mL). Recipe developed by Emily Richards