- 1/4 cup Low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4-1/2 cup Watermelon Juice
- 1 tsp Sriracha Chili Sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 Green Onions cut on the diagonal with whites and greens seperated
- 3 medium Garlic Cloves or two large ones, minced
- 1/2 tbsp Ginger Root minced
- 1/3 White Onion thinly sliced
- 3/4 lb Ahi Tuna cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 small Avocado diced
- 2/3 cup Watermelon diced
- 1/4 tsp sesame seeds
- Pickled Ginger sushi ginger or gari
- In a medium bowl, mix soy sauce, watermelon juice, chili sauce, oil, the white portion of green onions, garlic, ginger root and onion. Add tuna, toss and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 10 minutes before serving, add avocado and return to refrigerator.
- Plate as desired* and top with watermelon and green onions, then sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with pickled ginger.
Tips & Notes
* Watermelon Poke Bowls can be served as individual portions over rice (seasoned with a touch of rice wine vinegar) as a main dish, in small serving bowls as an appetizer or side dish, or on a large platter for a buffet. Garnish with dried seaweed for extra Hawaiian flare. Recipe provided by Industry Partner, The National Watermelon Promotion Board