- 1 tub Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 cup Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1 cup Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce
- 3 Zucchini 7 inches long (about 1 1/4 lb)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- In a bowl, stir together ricotta cheese, eggs, parsley, basil, garlic, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Spread sauce over bottom of 11 x 7 inch (2 L) greased baking dish.
- Thinly slice zucchini lengthwise and spread about 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the ricotta mixture over each zucchini slice. Roll up and place in baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered in 375 F (190 C) oven for 45 minutes or until zucchini is tender and top is golden.
Tips & Notes
You will have a couple of zucchini slices left so be sure to chop them up and use them in soups, stews, frittatas or omelettes. Recipe developed by Emily Richards.