- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 3 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Pinch each Fresh Ground Nutmeg and Salt
- 3 Eggs seperated
- 1 1/4 cups Milk
- 3 tbsp Butter, melted
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Zucchini grated
- 4 cups Fresh Berries quartered strawberries, blueberries or raspberries
- In a bowl, whisk together whole wheat and all purpose flours, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together egg yolks with milk and butter. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks. Stir egg yolk mixture and zucchini into flour mixture. Fold in egg whites until combined.
- Heat waffle iron. For each waffle brush lightly with oil; pour in about 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the batter. Close lid and cook for about 4 minutes or until steam stops and waffle is crisp and golden. (This time and amount will vary depending on your waffle iron)
- Serve with berries.
Tips & Notes
Recipe developed by Emily Richards