- 4 Zucchini about 7 inches long
- 5 Yellow Fleshed Potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil divided
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Egg lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup Italian Parlsey fresh and chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese grated, divided
- 1/2 tsp Each Salt and Pepper
- Trim ends of zucchini. Cut each in half lengthwise. Using a small spoon, scoop out inside seeds and some of the flesh, leaving at least 1/2 inch (1 cm) thick wall.
- In large pot of boiling salted water, cook zucchini for about 4 minutes or until brighter green. Remove from water with slotted spoon and drain; set aside.
- In same pot, add potatoes and cook, for about 20 minutes or until tender. Drain well and return to pot. Using potato masher, mash potatoes with 3 tbsp (45 mL) of the oil and garlic. Let cool slightly.
- Stir in egg, parsley, half of the cheese, salt and pepper. Fill each zucchini half with mashed potato mixture. Place in single layer in large greased shallow casserole dish or baking sheet. Sprinkle tops with remaining cheese and drizzle with remaining oil.
- Bake in 400 F (200 C) oven for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are light golden.
Tips & Notes
Tips: This is also a delicious side dish for any holiday or family meal. To make ahead; cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day. Cover and bake as in recipe then uncover for 5 minutes longer to help brown tops. Recipe developed by Emily Richards