Summer is the best time of year to crack open the grill and roast up your favourite proteins and veggies! Most veggies grill really well and unlock a whole new flavour. Today we’ve assembled our favourite grilling recipes and tips to make your summer dinner choices a breeze!
- Make sure that you stagger your veggie cooking. Vegetables like peppers and eggplant take much longer to cook than zucchini or cherry tomatoes.
- Oil them liberally! Veggies are much more delicate than meat and will stick to the grill. Just toss them in a bowl with a light coating of canola oil before grilling.
- Grill on medium heat! High heat will char the veggies on the outside but still leave them hard on the inside. You can also sear on high heat then move to a cooler spot on the grill to cook through.
- Make sure you chop veggies into equal size pieces so that they cook evenly!
- Put smaller veggies onto skewers so they don’t fall through the grill.
- You can also pack veggies into tin foil and toss on the grill for a no-mess dinner! Try these Greek BBQ PEI Potato Parcels and let us know what you think!
Here are our favorite grilling recipes:
Try sprinkling Romano or Parmesan cheese onto the tops of the potatoes after about 40 minutes of cook time. Be sure to remove the potatoes from the BBQ before adding the cheese. Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until nicely browned.
You can add a delicious spin to this classic group of Mediterranean flavours by grilling the vegetables instead of stewing them. For bright bursts of flavour I like to add lots of fresh aromatic basil leaves too. Next time you fire up your grill try preparing this recipe first, it’s the perfect side dish for grilling season. What a great way to fill half your plate with vegetables and all your plate with grilled flavour!
Grilled Broccoli and Tomato Skewers
A fun idea for a different way to serve up vegetables. The roasted or grilled flavour of the vegetables will make you want to cook them up this way all the time! Enjoy.
Grilled Chopped Vegetable Salad
Grilling adds tons of flavour to your favourite vegetables. With an easy marinade and dressing this salad becomes a great side dish for any grilled meat or fish. Plus, you can toss any leftovers with cooked pasta for another salad.
Mediterranean Chicken Portabella “bun” Burgers
Swap out the traditional bun for this refreshing twist!