1 serving = 95 g (250 mL)
- High in folacin (16% Recommended Daily Intake per serving)
- Source of potassium (201 mg per serving)
- High in fibre (3 g per serving)
- Sodium-free (2 mg per serving)
- Fat-free (0.1 g per serving)
Crisp and tight leaves with a solid head.
Store Belgian endives wrapped in a damp paper towel inside a plastic bag in the refrigerator for three to five days. Do not wash until ready to use. To preserve flavour, avoid exposure to light as much as possible.
The Belgian endive may be eaten baked, steamed, boiled, grilled or raw. Steaming is generally preferred to boiling as less water is retained by the tightly wrapped leaves. If boiling the endive, be sure to drain it well before serving.