- 4 large carrots chopped
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp Chopped Fresh Thyme or 5 mL dried thyme leaves
- Pinch Pepper
- 2/3 cup vegetable cocktail low sodium
- Herbed Pita Crips
- 2 whole wheat pita pockets 15 -18 cm/6-7 inches
- 15 extra virgin olive oil 1 tbsp
- 2 each dried basil and oregano leaves 1/2 tsp
- In large bowl, combine carrots with garlic, thyme and pepper.
- Add 1/4 cup of the juice and toss to coat. Spread on parchment paper lined baking sheet and roast in 400F oven for 45 minutes or until golden and tender. Let cool slightly.
- Scrape carrots into food processor and add remaining juice. Puree, scraping down sides until smooth; set aside.
- Herbed Pita Crisps: Separate pita pockets into 2 whole halves; place on baking sheet.
- In small bowl, stir together oil, basil and oregano; brush over pitas. Bake in 400 C oven for about 8 minutes or until golden and crisp. Let cool completely.
- Break pita crisps into bite size pieces and serve with dip.