- 2 Pears cored and sliced
- 4 tbsp Aged Balsamic Vinegar divided
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Pecans chopped
- 1 tub Baby Kale blend Greens (142 g)
- 1 small Red Pepper thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Pinch Fresh Ground Pepper
- Toss pears with 3 tbsp (45 mL) of the vinegar and spread onto parchment paper lined baking sheet. Roast in preheated 400 F (200 C) oven for about 12 minutes or until tender and golden; set aside.
- Melt butter in a small skillet. Stir in brown sugar until melted. Add pecans and stir to coat. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes over medium heat. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine greens, pepper and roasted pear.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining balsamic vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Drizzle over greens and toss to coat well. Divide among plates and sprinkle with pecans.
Estimated Cost Per Serving:
Balsamic Pear and Candied Pecan Salad
% Daily Value*
*5% or less is a little, 15% or more is a lot
Tips & Notes
Recipe developed by Emily Richards