- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup soft non hydrogenated margarine
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 3 bananas very ripe, mashed (about 1 cup/250 mL once mashed)
- 3/4 cup non fat plain greek yogurt
- In bowl, whisk together flours, baking soda and powder; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat margarine and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Stir in mashed bananas and yogurt. Add flour mixture to banana mixture and stir to moisten.
- Scrape into 9 x 5 inch (2 L) loaf pan and bake in 350 F (180 C) oven for about 50 minutes or until tester inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack.
- Storage Options: Wrap loaf whole or in quarters in plastic wrap and in heavy-duty foil and freeze for up to 2 weeks. Wrap loaf in plastic wrap and keep at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Estimated Cost Per Serving:
Banana Yogurt Loaf
% Daily Value*
*5% or less is a little, 15% or more is a lot