- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour with Added Bran nutri flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Canola Oil
- 1/4 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 5 red skinned Apples cored and diced
- 1 cup 0% Low Sugar Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1 Apple cored and thinly sliced
- In a big bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together, applesauce, eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla. Pour it over flour mixture and stir until just combined. Stir in apple to distribute. Scrape into 9 inch (23 cm) parchment paper lined round cake pan. Bake in preheated 350 F (180 C) oven for about 45 minutes or until tester comes out clean. Let cool slightly before cutting into wedges.
- Serve with a dollop of vanilla yogurt and slice of apple.
Estimated Cost Per Serving:
Tips & Notes
Recipe developed by Emily Richards