- 3 Asian Eggplants or small eggplants
- 1 Onions chopped
- 6 tbsp Canola Oil divided
- 1 bunch Green Onions chopped
- 1 stalk Celery chopped
- 2 Red Thai Chilies
- 1 tbsp Curry Powder
- 3 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 can Coconut Milk light
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Broth low sodium
- 1 large Sweet Potato peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro coarsely chopped
- Cooked Rice
- Chop eggplants into 1 inch (2.5 cm) pieces; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat 5 tbsp (75 mL) of the oil over medium high heat. Brown eggplant and onion for about 8 minutes and remove to bowl.
- Return skillet to medium heat and add remaining oil. Cook green onions, celery, chilies and curry powder for 2 minutes. Stir in tomato paste until coated. Add sweet potato, coconut milk and vegetable broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes. Stir in eggplant; cover and cook for 10 minutes or until sweet potato is very tender. Sprinkle with cilantro and spoon over rice to serve.
Estimated Cost Per Serving:
Eggplant Sweet Potato Coconut Curry
% Daily Value*
*5% or less is a little, 15% or more is a lot
Tips & Notes
Recipe developed by Emily Richards