- 3 cups Cantaloupe diced
- 1/2 cup Ice Wine or Late Harvest Vidal Wine
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter softened
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 tsp Pure Almond Extract
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 tbsp Almonds sliced or slivered
- In a bowl, soak 2 cups (500 mL) of the cantaloupe in the ice wine. Set aside for at least 30 minutes. Drain cantaloupe reserving ice wine.
- Meanwhile, puree remaining cantaloupe with sugar in food processor until smooth.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Beat in cantaloupe mixture, eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in almond extract.
- Whisk together flour and baking powder. Stir half the flour mixture into egg mixture. Stir in drained cantaloupe then add remaining flour mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Sprinkle almonds along bottom of greased bundt pan. Spoon batter into pan, smoothing top. Bake in 350 F (180 C) oven for about 40 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Once out of the oven, poke holes in cake with a skewer then drizzle reserved ice wine over top. Let cake cool about 30 minutes in pan before turning out onto serving platter.
Tips & Notes
Recipe developed by Emily Richards