- 1 1/4 cups flour barley
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder unsweetened, natural
- 1/3 cup oat bran
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 tsp instant coffee granules
- 3/4 cup milk skim
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup Cherries pitted, halved, frozen, dark
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, oat bran, baking powder and soda.
- In a small bowl, stir together vanilla and coffee granules; set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together milk, eggs and oil. Whisk in sugar and vanilla mixture. Pour over flour mixture; stir until just combined. Stir in cherries.
- Divide batter among 10 lightly sprayed or paper lined muffin cups. Bake in preheated 400 F (200 C) oven for about 18 minutes or until tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
Estimated Cost Per Serving:
Mocha Cherry Barley Muffins
% Daily Value*
*5% or less is a little, 15% or more is a lot