- 1/2 cup Quinoa rinsed
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp Thyme fresh, chopped
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup Green Peas
- 8 Tomatoes vine ripened
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup Goat cheese crumbled
- 1 tbsp Parsley fresh, chopped
- In a saucepan, combine quinoa, garlic, thyme and broth. Bring to a simmer; cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until broth is absorbed and quinoa is tender. Stir in peas; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut top 1/2 inch (2 cm) off tomatoes and hollow out centres. Discard seeds and pulp or reserve for another use. Sprinkle inside of tomatoes with salt and pepper.
- Fill each tomato with quinoa and pea mixture. Nestle in small oiled casserole dish. Sprinkle each with goat cheese and parsley.
- Enjoy as is or alternatively, cover lightly and bake in 350 F (180 C) oven for about 15 minutes or until tomatoes start to split.
Estimated Cost Per Serving:
Tips & Notes
Recipe developed by Emily Richards