- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- 4 Carrots sliced
- 2 Leeks white and light green parts only, rinsed well and sliced
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salt and peper to taste
- 1800 ml vegetable stock no salt added
- 1 cup Red Lentils
- Croutons and Parsley optional
- 1 tbsp Ginger minced
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat and cook the carrots, leek, garlic, ginger, cumin and salt and pepper for about 5 min. Add this to a large pot of a slow cooker. Add in the vegetable stock and lentils. Let cook for 5-6 hours.
- Whirl with a hand blender or stand up blender. Adjust seasoning and serve topped with croutons and parsley if desired.
Tips & Notes
Recipe developed by Half Your Plate friend Tara Noland