- 1 1/3 cups diced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup flour all purpose
- 2/3 cup bran natural wheat
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger ground
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup margarine soft non-hydrogenated
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup Yogurt plain, low-fat
- 6 small strawberries sliced (optional)
- Using potato masher, mash 1 cup of the strawberries; set aside.
- In bowl, whisk together flour, wheat bran, baking powder, ginger and baking soda; set aside.
- In another bowl, using wooden spoon, stir together margarine and sugar until combined. Stir in egg and vanilla. Stir in mashed strawberries.
- Gradually add flour mixture and stir until just combined. Stir in yogurt and remaining chopped strawberries until well distributed.
- Divide batter among 24 lightly greased mini muffin tins.
- Top muffins with sliced strawberries if desired.
- Bake in 190 C (375 F) oven for about 20 minutes or until top springs back when lightly pressed.
Estimated Cost Per Serving:$0.32